Kershaw Knives and Emerson Knives have joined forces on a series of knives that combine the precision engineering of Kershaw with Emerson's uncompromising functional design.
The CQC-8K features a single-bevel tanto blade—which means it is razor sharp. Black-oxide coating protects the blade and makes it non-reflective, too. G10 handles provide secure grip and a locking liner means safe and solid blade lock up.
The CQC-8K is a manual opener using either the thumb disk or the patented Emerson "wave shaped feature." This opening feature enables the knife to be opened as it is removed from the pocket. By the time the knife has been fully withdrawn from the pocket, the blade is deployed and ready for use. A small wave-shaped tab on the top of the blade is built to catch on the pocket seam, opening the knife as it comes out of the pocket. This instant-open feature is a favorite among military, rescue, and law enforcement knife users.
Kershaw CQC 8K 6044TBLK
- Designed by Emerson, built by Kershaw
- Manual opening
- Thumb disk; "wave shaped opening feature"
- Liner lock
- Reversible pocketclip (left/right, tip-up)
- Lanyard hole
- Steel: 8Cr14MoV, black-oxide coating
- Handle: G10
- Blade Length: 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.6 in. (11.7 cm)
- Overall Length: 8.1 in. (20.6 cm)