No, the Fatback does not have a fat back. In fact, it has a rather slim handle. But to ensure you always have an extra secure grip, it does have some extra fat texturing on its glass-filled nylon handle.
Actually, we call it the Fatback because it’s one very tasty knife. Like bacon.
The handsome blade is a modified drop-point with a dagger-like shape. The 8Cr13MoV blade steel, with Kershaw’s precision heat treatment, provides long-lasting edge retention, as well as strength and hardness. Black-oxide coating offers an additional measure of blade protection and non-reflectivity.
The Fatback opens with Kershaw’s SpeedSafe assisted opening for smooth, one-handed opening. The pivot is oversized and decorative. The handle is drilled to support our four-position pocketclip—so you can carry tip-up/down, left/right, whatever your preferred carry position. And finally, the Fatback’s deep-carry pocketclip lets the knife ride securely and comfortably low in the pocket.
Kershaw Fatback 1935
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening
- Liner lock
- 4-position deep-carry pocketclip (right/left, tip-up/down)
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, black-oxide coating
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon
- Blade length: 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
- Closed length: 4.25 in. (10.8 cm)
- Open length: 7.75 in. (19.7 cm)
- Weight: 3.6 oz. (102.1 g)